Friday, August 8, 2008

I love that I am a Mother

Today I was looking at my friend Erin's blog. Erin and her husband are in the process of looking for a child to adopt. I was looking at their profile and others profiles who want to add children to their home. I am so choked up about those that can't have children on their own. I can't believe the amazing couples that are on the LDS website. I am just so grateful that I am able to have children and to experience pregnancy. I can't imagine what life would be like waiting for that child that you know would make you life complete. I am amazed by the selflessness of those who give their children up for adoption. I don't think they realize what a dream they are fulfilling for many families. What a sacrifice it most be to grow a child and to love it but to know you can't take care of it. HOLY COW! I wish that their would be enough children around the world with selfless parents like these to help those who would be awesome parents. Does anyone know if the church is against Surrogate mothers?


Hunter on Day One

<
Aiden: Day 3. he really wasn't that small but before the casts he would always pull his legs up!

8 comments:

The Belnaps said...

Their baby pictures are so cute! I also live your header picture of them now. I agree with feeling so blessed to be able to have kids of my own, my heart goes out to anyone unable to. It's unfair especially when you know they'd be some of the best parents in the world.

Michelle said...

What a great post! I love that I am able to have children of my owe and I absolutely LOVE being a MOM!! We are so lucky!

Coley said...

I agree that adoption is amazing from both perspectives! My uncle just gave a baby up for adoption and it is really sad not having the baby around. My Gran scrapbooks the pictures she gets of him and cries really hard about not having him. But at the same time you can tell he has made his parents lives complete and it makes her feel better seeing how amazing they seem and how much they love him already!

Unknown said...

I have some friends who have adopted and who want to adopt. I thank my Heavenly Father for sending me my beautiful children every day. Thank you for posting about this so we all cn stop and think about how truly blessed we are. I look at the good families who would be such great parents (sometimes I think WAY better than me!) who can't have children, then look at some of the girls that can have babies- Wow, life is not fair sometimes!

I LOVE the pictures of your kids, they are adorable!! :)

amber schmidt said...

there really are so many people out there who want kids and can't have them. And there are so many people who have kids and can't take care of them. I have heard that the church doesn't support surrogate mothers because there are so many kids out there to adopt.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you totally. I can't handle hearing about those people who abuse their children or "forget" that they have them! It infuriates me because there are so many great loving attentive people out there who would make much better parents than some out there. It's also amazing to me to realize what challenges the Lord sees fit to give us. Not able to get pregnant or carry a child would be a heartbreaking one. Man, I didn't realize I had so much to say about this subject. Thanks for a thought provoking post!

Erin said...

Hey you! I just saw this post (I'm a little--okay a lot behind in my blog surfing). Thanks for mentioning us. :)

Being able to have children is a HUGE blessing. You are so right. This is one of those challenges that I'm not sure I understand. I know Heavenly Father has a good reason for sending it our way...and I'm sure that the reason is much bigger and much more all-encompassing than I can imagine. Someday, I'm sure I'll understand it more. I do know that struggling as much as we did to get Milo and Isabel here made us appreciate every moment just that much more than we would have if it had been easy. And, now I know that I am going to do my best to enjoy every second and treasure every bit of the next one...whenever that may be! :)

Thanks again...

Erin said...

Oops, I meant to say that I don't think the church actually has a position on surrogacy. In fact, I know of several active LDS women who have served as surrogates for others. I would guess that, much like other decisions related to fertility treatments, the church leaves the choice up to the individuals while encouraging them to do what is best for their family while still keeping their financial security in mind as well...