Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Projects

So I forgot to take before pictures but at least I took after pics! These are two projects that I have needed to do for the last year but since they were in Colorado I really couldn't get to them.

The first is a dresser that I got from my mom. It was in the worst shape. I think it was made in the 1920s or 1930s and needed a ton of repairs. The drawers were warped and water damaged and the bottom drawer was missing some pieces. We decided that we would keep the outer shell of the dresser and the drawer fronts and replace the actual drawers and back. We also decided to turn the top drawer into a shelf for baskets. I haven't decided what to do with it for sure. I think I will use it as a changing table/dresser for the new baby but I am not sure on the color. I think it will stay in its primer form until we are settled to where ever the next place we go!


The second was a black 80s looking chair we got from our friends. I just stripped and sanded the paint of and applied primer. I think it will be used in the new baby's room too so I haven't decided what color to paint it yet either!

1 comment:

[Morgan] said...

you are totally ambitious. way to go!
i follow your blog and love to see what you are up to, but don't always have time to comment:)
congrats on the pregnancy!