Wednesday, May 28, 2008

2 hours 25 minutes and 39 songs later

This week was my last long run before the BIG RACE. I was so nervous that I almost backed out of the race and the long run. Christopher told me that I wasn't allowed to back out and that I was going to do the long run. So being the obedent wife that I am, or the one whose pride was hurt when he called me a wimp, ran the thirteen miles. Okay, so i ran most of it and walked a bit too. I couldn't even run the last mile. I walked it. BUT it only took me 2 hours and 25 minutes. I was so exstatic! That is 11 minute miles which is great for me! So off to the big race. Wish me luck. I hope that the hill at the end doesn't kill me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! I hope you do well! What an amazing acomplishment to run races! You're incredible!

Coley said...

Good luck! 11 minutes miles is awesome! Let me know how it goes.

TheSmithLife said...

Good luck! I'm so proud of you- I wish I could do it with you!!! Have fun and just think about how great you are going to feel when you are done. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am SOOO proud of you. I ran/walk a 5K and it was a real accomplishment for me because it was so hard! So I couldn't even imagine doing YOUR race. WOW!!! You are amazing! I love you!!

Erin said...

Way to go! Now you KNOW you're going to rock the race. :) That's great!!! I'm so excited! See you guys Friday...