Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother to 5

Okay. I. will. never. have. 5. children. at least not under the age of six. I babysat 3 kids of a lady in our ward. She needed a root canal so I watched her kids, and she watched mine Monday when I went out with Jill and Juliana. When they first got here chaos broke loose. Some kids ran upstairs, some down, and one outside on the porch. I finally got them rounded up eating a snack and decided that I could hurry and check my bank account downstairs. Oh, I was not thinking. I heard someone outside so I ran upstairs only to find it empty. All the kids had escaped out the back door and we now on their way to the parking lot! Holy Cow!!!! I forced them all downstairs in the basement and they settled down. Then I had a great idea to take them all to story time. This sounds scary. BUT it worked out well. The 5, 4, and 3 year old did really well. The 2 year old did okay and the 1 year old did fine. Everyone at the Library gave me funny looks for having so many kids. I gave myself crazy looks for having so many kids. But all in all it went smoothly. No one died. No one was lost. AND everyone ( read me) learned something! I learned that it takes 5 minutes to get 4 kids buckled in car seats. My shout goes out to anyone with 5 kids. It is like running a zoo!

4 comments:

amber schmidt said...

YOu are a brave woman! I am impressed that it only took you 5 minutes to get everyone buckled in! I can't get my own kids buckled in that fast sometimes.

Erin said...

Brave is right! I think that everytime I have both of my nieces--I am so not ready to instantaneously bring in two other children (ages 5 weeks and 6). It really throws off our game! The seatbelt buckling takes me waaaayyyy more than 5 minutes though. You got game.

Lindsay said...

Wow--way to go! That was good thinking with story time.

Kelly Munns said...

hahahaha good work tara. if anyone could do it, i know you could. you'd be such a super mom (like you already aren't...). they'd be so hilarious (like they already aren't...). ok what am i saying? you're great and your kids are too. i feel the sudden urge to walk out of my door and into yours right now ::sigh:: i miss you!