Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fourth of July


The three amigos. Hunter followed those two boys everywhere. Aiden will really miss his cousins. He came home asking for a brother.


It has been a crazy last couple of weeks. It is becoming a tradition to go visit Christopher's parents house for the fourth of July. This year we went up two days before and hung out with the family. Christopher then flew home on Monday and I drove home with the kids on Friday.

On the third the boys went fishing and Amber and I went to Rigby Lake to swim. Swimming at Rigby Lake is not for the faint of Heart. You really can't think about what could be in the water while your children drink it. We think took our kids home to scrub them clean, and sent them off to take a nap. We ended the day with the rigby fireworks which are pretty good.

Hunters cute hair on the third


On the fourth we woke up early and went to the ward fourth of July breakfast. The food wasn't too bad then off to set up the chairs to get the perfect spot. It amazes me that you can go down to Idaho Falls at 9 o'clock in the morning and still have to fight for your spot. I think that trailers are set up on the road two days before! We then went to a parade in rexburg, a BBQ in Rigby and then back down to IF for the fireworks! Since it doesn't get get dark til ten we didn't get home until midnight! It was a long but fun day.
The next day was the infamous rafting trip. It definitely was a wake up call to the dangers of white water rafting. Overall, it was really exciting though. After the trip we went to another BBQ. Thanks Stephanie!



A picture of the rapids. It doesn't do the wave justice


Hunter-Bear attacking a cat at the BBQ. She loved it!


Christopher left on a plane on Monday and I stayed til Friday with the kids in Rigby. It was really fun. Amber, my sister in law and I just hung out. We went to the free movie in IF, the splash park , visited friends and practically family. It was really nice just to spend time with my in laws. They really are great. I can't believe how much I feel that my brother and sister in laws are just brothers and sisters. One night we all just stayed up til 2 talking. I am very grateful for the family I married in to.

Baby Cole, the youngest nephew


The drive home was fine. I am currently trying to erase it from my memory so I will be able to do it again!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great week! I wish we could have gotten together! :) And you are one tough momma to drive that far alone- go you!!

amber schmidt said...

That last kid is pretty cute

amber schmidt said...

Philipp left the last comment. I love all the drool or whatever on his shirt... I swear that kid is never clean! I hope that the 4th together does become a tradition =).

[Morgan] said...

My your kids are cute!
Looks like a happy 4th!

Coley said...

Hunter is so cute! I love her hair! Who knows, her and Doran are the same age!!!

shreevit2beaver said...

Hunter's hair is so cute. It seems like not to long ago you posted that you could put it in a ponytail and now you can braid it. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Look at her hair! I love it!! Did you see Tami and Larry?