Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The life of Aiden

We have had a horrible time getting our children to sleep at decent hours ever since daylight savings started. Seriously, I am laying in bed at night willing myself to stay awake so that I can turn Aiden's headlamp off after he falls asleep. Ridiculous! So I am trying a new technique. I woke them up early this morning and put them down for nap earlier. I thought I was in the clear so I hopped on my treadmill for 40 minutes. After I ran I headed upstairs for a cool glass of water. To my surprise I almost stepped on a half naked Aiden. He used the bathroom and couldn't put his pants back on. I guess he didn't want to interrupt my run so he laid on the stairs. Who knows how long he was there. Why that kid can't just sleep when I put him in his bed I don't know. Maybe he will get better as I wake them up earlier. At least then I can sleep at night.

5 comments:

amber schmidt said...

I know how frustrating the sleep game can be! Landon has gotten better lately, but Cole worse. Someday, we might get a good nights rest.... I hope.

Unknown said...

Let me know if you get something to work!! I agree with Amber- maybe someday I can sleep!!! Reed likes to sleep on the stairs too- maybe they are just more fun? I think that is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to all. It doesn't get better. If it isn't children it is something else. Here it is 2:53 and I'm reading your blog because I can't sleep (I just finished reading Ambers). The difference is mine is self inflicted, your is not.

Love you, John S.

Unknown said...

Are you ever going to add anything else to your blog? I'm just wondering I like to read new things every once in a while.

amber schmidt said...

why don't you post something new already