Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Media News

I have been thinking a lot lately about the allegations against the FLDS church, and the child abuse problems. I am appalled by the way Texas is handling the case. Why were all the children taken from their homes? There is no way that every child was born in a place that had a mother that was being abused. There is no way that every child was in danger. I can understand why there are questions being asked and action being taken. I understand that there is some abuse in the compound. I just feel so sorry for the children that don't understand what is happening, for the women that were in loving relationships, and for all the mess ups that the state of Texas is having. I don't agree with polygamy, or abuse, but I don't think that this is the way to deal with it. I also don't like the way the media is portraing these poor people. They don't have TV, the don't deal with the media and they are being torn apart.

For more info this site is useful--http://messengerandadvocate.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

amber schmidt said...

I know! Isn't it like 400 kids that are being sent to foster homes? And now they are being exposed to everything that their religion tries to keep from them. I can't imagine how scary that would be for them & how hard it will be once they go back.

Kelly Munns said...

yeah that's so sad. i agree with you, tara. what a horrible situation. it makes me sad to think of these kids getting split up and into the "system".