Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Motivation

Okay-- So I am still training for my half marathon. But there is a problem, I am totally running out of motivation. Today I sunk to adding Britney Spears, Kanye West and Justin Timberlake to my playlist so I would have something with a really strong beat to listen to. I have tried watching TV while I run on my treadmill only to get bored in about 10 minutes. I have to run 9 and a half miles this weekend. I am running it with Erika, which will keep me going but.... What if i have to rely on my own motivation? Can anyone give me any ideas about how they stay motivated to do anything????

4 comments:

amber schmidt said...

I wish I could help you out there, but I never stay motivated long enough to do anything like that. I think you're doing great though... stick with it! Maybe stick a picture of yourself in your super skinny track days above your treadmill!

Unknown said...

I don't even like to run much with my kids, so I really don't have any idea what can help motivate, but maybe for every race, you get something after- like a night with the girls, or a shopping trip by yourself- then post a picture or something that would remind you and make you want to keep working hard! It sounds to me like you are doing great! Keep up the running!!

Unknown said...

quit being a baby and keep running. you can do it
ps send me your training schedule. i am going to run another half marathon in July

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't think you are a baby (regardless what Philipp says)no matter how much motivation you are losing. You're awesome to even make the attempt! I totally believe in you and I think Calise has the right idea by giving yourself a reward for making your goal. How about a visual goal as well - like for ever mile you run you put a marble in a jar or have a picture of a track where you color in squares. As dumb as it may sound it works for me!! You also should have your friends pick a pump up song for you to run to: my would be HellaGood by No Doubt or maybe...Wanna Be by The Spice Girls - EVEN BETTER!! Good Luck! I'm rootin' for ya!